This new section is written with the cooperation of Dr. Ron Rosenberg.
The Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) or the trademark Palm Pilot is conquering every pocket.
This little device that is much more than just addresses book or dates book, has become a very powerful tool in every profession, especially in the medical world.
We have prepared for you some very useful links for your PDA.
ePocrates qRx is a clinical drug reference guide designed for the Palm OS TM platform.
The ePocrates qRx can find dosing by indication, pediatric dosing for 300+ drugs, drug interactions, adverse reactions, pregnancy and lactation and special dosing information.
Healthy Palm Pilot
Health Care Resources Index with 545 resources available for download of diagnosis, health and fitness, interventions, investigations (laboratory tests), record tracking, references and research tools.
MemoWare is a unique collection of thousands of documents (databases, literature, maps, technical references, lists, etc.) specially formatted to be easily added to your PalmOS device, Psion PDA, TI Avigo, or WinCE device. The documents available here come in a variety of formats and cover a wide range of topics.
The Pediatric Pilot Page
Here you can find:
- Pediatric Formulary - a list of drugs commonly used by doctors in treating children
- Immunization Schedule - AAP immunization schedule
- CNS Formulary - a list of CNS drugs commonly used by doctors in Pediatrics
- Hospital Census - helps doctors track their patients
- IDDM database - helps diabetics track their glucose
- ID Drug Formulary 1.0 - a list of drugs commonly used by doctors to treat infections
- Immunization Guide 2.0 - AAP immunization schedule
- Medical Mathpad - equations for doing complex medical calculations
- Immunization Guide 2.0 for TealInfo - 2000 AAP immunization schedule
Physik's PDA Pages
Physik's Lists is a medical reference containing more than 1,000 files which cover basic science, clinical features, eponymous syndromes, differential diagnoses, investigations & their interpretation, normal laboratory values, clinical guidelines, key published papers and includes a full list of all abbreviations used.